Pages

Monday 30 March 2015

Hokule'a Recount

It was a cold and damp morning on Wednesday as the Hokule’a was arriving today. I had to look after some kids that have just started school. But that was okay. After I met who I was looking after we went to the hall and Mr Burt talked about what was going to happen and that there will be film crews. Then we walked down to the Pt England beach.

When we arrived we sat down on cold and wet grass. We had to wait for a while. I looked around to see the other Manaiakalani schools.


When we saw the waka. I heard a sound and did not know what it was. Then we heard the words of the whaia, ( she was welcoming them to our beach Ukutoia or Pt England reserve).

After that we gave them high-fives and then went to line up. Then we walked back to school.   I think this was a really good experience for the whole school. It was a once in a life time opportunity. I thought it  was a great experience.


There are some pictures down below.


1 comment:

  1. How great was it welcoming the Hokulea?! I too wasn't too sure of what that sound initially was either.
    Keep up the great writing Ava.

    Miss Clark

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.